Re: Question: XHTML Tables Module

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:04:45 +0200 (MEST)
To: Johannes Koch <koch@w3development.de>
Cc: www-html@w3.org

> The issue, whether a form for key-value pairs is a data table or not,
> has been discussed several times. A response for filling out such forms
> can clearly be seen as a data table. So, IMHO why not the form as well?

IMO it (the form resp. the surrounding table) is -no- data table. -- By the
way, the former correspondence (thank you and Karl) clarified several things,
thus I don't want to question the mentioned issues anymore.

> > and according to WAI approaches you should only use tables to illustrate
> > data,
>
> Reference?

When a table contains no data it AFAIK complies with a layout table (maybe
TBD; the case mentioned above is a layout table structuring a form, and it's
not containing any data), so according to WAI: 'Avoid using tables for
layout.' [1]

Best regards,
 Jens.

[1] See 5.3 of