Open <a href> as a Save File dialogue box rather than printing the content to browser

From: kaiwen <cal_kaiwen@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 13:09:04 +0800
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Hi,

I am not sure is the email address is correct.

I have this segment of html in a cgi file:-

I wanted user to be able to CLICK on the link and a 'Save as...' dialogue box appear for the to save the file to local machine. But, IE open it as a text file in the browser itself...

What should I do?

I tried to <a type=application/x-msdownload....>, but failed to get what I wanted too.

Please advice :) Thank you

Best regards,
Calvin Kuan