Re: <link> vs. <script> for external scripts

From: Robert Koberg <rob@koberg.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 08:19:52 -0800
Cc: W3C HTML List <www-html@w3.org>, Lachlan Hunt <lhunt07@postoffice.csu.edu.au>
To: Christian Wolfgang Hujer <Christian.Hujer@itcqis.com>

Hi,

On Nov 19, 2003, at 7:45 AM, Christian Wolfgang Hujer wrote:

> Hi Lachlan,
>

> Am Mittwoch, 19. November 2003 12:47 schrieb Lachlan Hunt:
>>   Actually, what I should have asked previously is: Is there anyway,
>> using an XML Schema, to specify that the content model is to be
>> inherited from its parent element?.
>>   ie. No matter where <script> and <noscript> elements occur, we don't
>> want elements inside <noscript> that would not normally be allowed to
>> occur within the parent element.
> good question, great hint for enhancements of XML Schema, and, afaik,
> not
> possible with XML Schema :-(
> The content model is to be specified as defined type, inheriting the
> parent
> element's content model is afaik impossible.

I am jumping in late (just saw the thread), you can use a complexType
to get inheritance. For example:

<xs:complexType name="BaseNode">
   <xs:sequence>
     <xs:group ref="name:core.elems"/>
   </xs:sequence>
   <xs:attributeGroup ref="name:core.attrs"/>
</xs:complexType>

<xs:complexType name="ParentNode">
     <xs:complexContent>
       <xs:extension base="name:BaseNode">