Re: AW: AW: XHTML 2.0 and hreflang

Hi Ernest, dear list members,

Am Freitag, 14. November 2003 16:09 schrieb Ernest Cline:
> [...]
Obviously you never had a 406 response yet.
As soon as the negotiation is only using the language dimension, requesting
doc.de.xhtml with an Accept-Language: en header is okay. But as soon as
content negotiation gets another dimension and is used for more than just the
language such negotiating requests will result in 406 responses. Requesting
doc.de for choosing between doc.de.xhtml as application/xhtml+xml and
doc.de.html as text/html with Accept: application/xhtml+xml and

That's why I want @hreflang to override or extend the user agent's default
Accept-Language header.

By the way, most servers (including Apache HTTP 1.3.x, I didn't test this on
2.x yet) will not allow configuring requesting a URL doc.*.xhtml using a URI
ending on doc.xhtml.

Bye
- --
ITCQIS GmbH
Christian Wolfgang Hujer
Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter (Shareholding CEO)
Telefon: +49  (0)89  27 37 04 37
Telefax: +49  (0)89  27 37 04 39
E-Mail: Christian.Hujer@itcqis.com
WWW: http://www.itcqis.com/