Re: More language tags would solve a lot of annoyances

ReedMon29@aol.com wrote:
> All web pages start with either the <html> or the <?xml> tags.
> Even if you code in XHTML you still have to use the root tag <html>.
>
> But, instead of having such a useless tag, why not have a different tag
> for the language the current part of the page is coded in?

> <smil> tags? With that, you could switch from languages easily,
> hopefully without losing the carat (replace the <script> tag with
>
> It shouldn't be to hard to do, and should remove the need of the
> "imports" tag for VML or SMIL.

I think this a bit unnecessary, considering XML namespaces and this
would sort of defeat the point of inline VML/SMIL/SVG/MathML/etc. This
is paving the road to a 'monolithic' markup language which what is
trying to be avoided.

In addition to that, the <script> tag is used with the 'type' attribute
because there is more than one scripting language out there and the same
goes for <css> vs. <style>.

- Andy