Re: Scripting DTD's

AaronEldreth@cs.com wrote:

> A friend and I were talking about the advantages of XHTML 2.0, and
> were also thinking about the DTDs and how beneficial they are. Why not
> create a set of general scripting DTD's (like one for javascript,
> vbscript, and ecmascript). If someone doesn't like one of those
> languages, they can get a copy of the DTD and edit it to suit their
> needs? Or better yet, have a program that would make a script DTD for
> them? Since XHTML 2 is still in devolopment, the SDTD (Scripting DTD)
> could be added, and included for the final relese of XHTML 2.
>
> Aaron Eldreth
> TheCollective4.com <http://www.thecollective4.com/> - Webmaster

What the...?
  Not at all sure what you mean.  How could a DTD define a scripting
language? or, How could a DTD define how a scripting language interacts
with an XML document?  DTDs can only define the structure of SGML or XML
documents, and have nothing to do with scripting.

  The Document Object Model (DOM) already defines how an XML document
can be scripted, or programmed, in a language independant way.  ie. Any
scripting language like.JavaScript (or ECMAScript), VBScript, etc... and
programming languages such as JAVA, can use the DOM for working with XML
documents.
CYA
...Lachy