Re: XHTML with Internet Explorer

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 11:02:49AM -0000, Jim Ley wrote:

> however if the limit is 100% spec conformance, then there are NO xhtml
> 1.0 user agents at all, and we might aswell go home now.

Again, Mozilla, Opera and AFAIK Konqueror all fully support XHTML 1.
(NOT only the compatibility subset.) There may be some minor issues, but
these are either due to contradicting standards or ordinary bugs that
should be reported as such.

> >Just because you send XHTML 1.0 as text/html in compatibility mode
> >does not mean, IE supports XHTML 1.0.
>
> I would suggest it does, and I've yet to see any arguments that it
> doesn't

It does not. It only "supports" the compatibility subset, the way about
all existing browsers do: By processing HTML incorrectly...

Try reading a document that contains the features mentioned in Appendix
C, and see how it "supports" XHTML...

-Olaf-