Re: The <blockcode> and <l> elements

From: Lachlan Hunt <lhunt07@postoffice.csu.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 11:36:20 +1100
To: ernestcline@mindspring.com
Cc: W3C HTML List <www-html@w3.org>

Ernest Cline wrote:

> [...]
This could still be done with <!ELEMENT blockcode (l)*> as the content
model, (though each line would have to begin and end with <l>) since <l>
can contain all the inline elements

>>  Also, with the existing content model, it is possible to include
>>code cannot contain headings, paragraphs or lists, only lines of code,
>>therefore, the current content model is semantically incorrect.
>A good argument against including the non-inline elements but not the
>Even without the <var> and <samp> elements, I would still want to be able
>to apply other inline elements such as <em> and <span> inside of a
I agree.  The second version should have actually been:
<!ELEMENT blockcode (PCDATA | Inline)*>
rather than just (PCDATA | l)*, I was just only thinking of the <l>
element at the time and made a mistake.