Custom tags in Safari?

From: Håkan Magnusson <hakan@backbase.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 16:46:17 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org

Greetings.

I'm pounding away on a problem with Safari here (another one for the
list) and I'm wondering if you have any suggestions. It seems Safari
violently _removes_ our applications custom tags, not to be found in the
DOM or even when I check the innerHTML of the parent element. It has no
problem with our custom attributes on normal HTML-tags (reading/setting,
all works) but it simply removes our custom tags without pardon.

We have declared the namespace and so on, and I'm wondering, is Safari
as XML/XHTML-compatible as IE (that would say - NOT compatible, simply
treating XHTML as "HTML++" instead of XML+HTML) or am I missing something?

Thanks!
Håkan