Re: Yet seriously folks (was: italics)

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 09:00:30 +0200 (MEST)
To: "T. Daniel" <tdaniel@adetti.net>, www-html@w3.org
Cc: www-html-editor@w3.org

I do not see any current (or future) need for a Grammar Module:

- The provided (xml:)lang attribute even offers a (IMO fully sufficient)
language specification.
- A Grammar Module would not prevent authors from publishing grammatically,
semantically, or textually wrong content (and content will never get really
or well validated... otherwise Babelfish and co. would have released a more
than 50% working translation engine, I guess).
- The site extent would get to complex (without any advantages, neither
related to content, nor CSS, nor anything else).

I rather tend to a (former mentioned) 'Minimal XHTML' than a bloated
'Maximal HTML' defining each word, better: each pixel on the screen.

Regards,
 Jens Meiert.

--
Jens Meiert