Re: dl, dd, dt in XHTML 2.0

From: Andy <aholmes84@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 00:01:38 -0700
To: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>, www-html@w3.org

>><dl>
>>
>>    <definition>
>>
>><dt>My term</dt>
>>
>>            <dd>This is the a definition</dd>
>>
>><dd>This is the another definition</dd>
>>
>>      </definition>
>>
>></dl>

Hmm, I think I would have to disagree. Consider:

          <th>Heading 1</th>
          <th>Heading 2</th>

Here there is no markup creating semantical correlation between either
Heading 1 and Content 1 or Heading 2 and Content 2 but they are clearly
meant to be related.

Whenever deciding issues of semantics I always imagine I am blind and
how a speech reader might describe things to me. For the above
definition list (minus the <definition/> element), I imagine it might
describe it as follows:

    "Definition list. First term is: My term. First term, first
definition: This is the a definition. First term, second definition:
This is the another definition."

Or something similar. Structuring the markup in a logical order should
remove any confusion in my opinion.

-Andy