Re: XHTML module for addresses

David Woolley wrote:
> I'd assume that the VCard people have XMLised VCard by now.

There is a W3C note on specifying vCards in RDF (and by extension, in
XML documents in general).

http://www.w3.org/TR/vcard-rdf

> If that's the case, why not actually use XML namespaces and simply
> include VCard if you want this level of semantics.  (There may be
> some conflict with the concept that HTML should make reasonable
> sense when you ignore all the markup.)

semantics are useful both inside and outside addresses.

For example, if I want to mark up the name of the author of a blockquote as
a person's name, I don't need <vcard:prefix> <vcard:given> <vcard:family>
<vcard:suffix> granularity, and it's a bit silly to open a new card for each
such reference. <person> is useful enough for search engines, cluing spell
checkers, &c.