Annotations

From: Veith Risak <veith.risak@chello.at>
Date: Tue May 13 11:28:43 2003
To: www-html@w3.org

Christoph Päper mentioned Annotea in his last mail.

I think it would be very nice to have a standardized annotation facility
for xhtml 2 too.

I think sometimes Amaya/Annotea will provide it. But I think it should be
available (therefore be standardized) for other browsers too. (I heared
that mozilla has a similar facility, but know no details.)

In defining such a standard it should be done in such a way, that you dont
lose your annotations, if the original document is edited (orphan
annotations). Annotea is very useful, but not perfect at the moment.

Kind regards

V. Risak
veith.risak@chello.at
University of Salzburg