From: Veith Risak <veith.risak@chello.at>
Date: Tue May 13 11:28:43 2003
To: www-html@w3.org

Christoph Päper mentioned Annotea in his last mail.

I think it would be very nice to have a standardized annotation facility
for xhtml 2 too.

I think sometimes Amaya/Annotea will provide it. But I think it should be
available (therefore be standardized) for other browsers too. (I heared
that mozilla has a similar facility, but know no details.)

In defining such a standard it should be done in such a way, that you dont
lose your annotations, if the original document is edited (orphan
annotations). Annotea is very useful, but not perfect at the moment.

Kind regards

V. Risak
University of Salzburg
Computer Science