Re: The style attribute, again

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 07:27:17 +0100 (BST)
To: www-html@w3.org

> _professional_ web authors/developers and armchair markup geeks far better

I think you mean _commercial_.  But as I see it the role of the W3C is
as a regulator of the commercial market.  If market forces, like these,
were the only factors to be considered, I think it would be best for
the W3C to disband and let Microsoft and, maybe Netscape, respond to
those market forces in the way that they are good at.

The market largely, for example, wants unstructured presentational
markup and would be much happier with fully tag soup, non-nested structures,
than the arbitrary structuring rules that seem to be imposed on them.