Re: XHTML 2.0 to contain long element names

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 08:21:44 +0200 (MEST)
To: Cortland Haws <pixelcort@mac.com>, www-html@w3.org

> I've always hated how many of the HTML elements had such short element
> names, such as p, b, i, tr, td, th, br (etc...)

I beg to differ, but -- why? Using WYSIWYG editors (bah) this should be
irrelevant for you, writing your own source this should be easier for you. Only a
theorician IMO tends to imply problems in cases where no real problems
exist. YMMV.

> It would be cool if they were a bit longer, such as <paragraph/>

For presentation there are CSS (so use them instead of <b /> or <i />), so
your approach matches on table elements, paragraphs etc. -- In my opinion, the
current usage und naming of elements (in nearly every case) is good, and
using acronyms instead of words only seems reasonable for me.

Best regards,
 Jens Meiert.

<snip />

--