Re: Proposed Additions/Modifications to XHTML 2 Edit Collection

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 09:12:08 +0200 (MEST)
To: www-html@w3.org

Update:

changeserver="mailto:brantgurganus2001@cherokeescouting.org
> >               ?subject=Change%20Request">Suggeston</span>.
> >          2. A user sees that "Suggeston" is misspelled and corrects it.
> >          3. When the user navigates away from the page, a message is
> >             sent to that e-mail address.
>
> Uh, I see the 'dangerous' implication, in fact that site operators really
> calculate on publishing erroneous content which has to be updated by user
> help (!), I hope you know what I mean. Thus it implicates -a) site
operators
> are not able to deliver correct content, and they -b) really need users
help
> -- both important topics related to web credibility... and it reduces the
> site owners expertise...

In case of a proposal or poll the 'changeserver' attribute (superficially)
might make sense, but this would be a dowdy solution, too, because you could
solve this quite more elegant.

> <snip /> and I think there must be
> a border line between operators and users, so do not mix it up.

In fact, there is a border between operators and users anyway...

 Jens Meiert.

--
Jens Meiert

Steubenstr. 28