Re: Proposed Additions/Modifications to XHTML 2 Edit Collection

Toby A Inkster wrote:

>On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 08:01:57AM -0500, Brant Langer Gurganus wrote:
>|    * There should be a "changeserver" attribute that defines a URI
>|      where changes may be posted.  The URI is up to the original page
>|      author.  An example use might be:
>|         1. There is a section like the <span editable="editable"
>|            changeserver="mailto:brantgurganus2001@cherokeescouting.org?subject=Change%20Request">Suggeston</span>.
>|         2. A user sees that "Suggeston" is misspelled and corrects it.
>|         3. When the user navigates away from the page, a message is
>|            sent to that e-mail address.
>
>Hmmm... this would require that XHTML user agents implement SMTP. While is is a
>trivial protocol, it would rather bloat some of the minimalist browsers.

The URI could be anything.  I just used a mailto: for an example.  It
could also be processed the way most forms are processed which was sort
of my model.

--
Brant Langer Gurganus
<http://www.cherokeescouting.org/OtherUnits/Troop545IIN/brant.xhtml>