SV: Latest version of XHTML

From: Jesper Tverskov <jesper.tverskov@mail.tele.dk>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 10:50:51 +0100
To: <www-html@w3.org>

On 8. marts 2003 10:29 Jim Dabell wrote:

You probably wouldn't want to use XHTML 1.1 yet.  It shouldn't be served as
text/html, and so Internet Explorer and older browsers won't be able to
understand it unless you are willing to break the rules (and if you do that,
why bother following the Recommendations at all?).

I have for almost a year used what I regard as valid XHTML 1.1. At least the
W3C online validator says so. I do not know what exactly is meant by "It
shouldn't be served as text/html".

Please take a look at my Danish website: www.klapmusen.dk, and tell me in a
way I can understand why it is not valid XHTML 1.1.

Cheers,
Jesper Tverskov