Re: Font Style Elements

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 07:18:34 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-html@w3.org

> Ok, I am curious about The Golden Mean.  I open my Javascript node
> harvestor search engine, and I send it off to get the 10 chunks of html,

This seems to me to be a user agent, not a document (although one of
the problems with real world HTML is that people insist on writing
custom user agents in "DHTML", making users' lives difficult as they
have to learn a different user agent for each site.

As a document, I think the copyright issues would severely limit the
applicability of this idea.  (Not necessarily a statement of the law,
but rather what most commercial content providers would want it to be.)

If the grabbed code were well written, it would be easier to read if
presented in a consistent style.  If it were written in typical
presentational style, it would be almost certain that the the logical
section of the article didn't correspond to the element with the ID
attribute used for the fragment reference.