Re: Font Style Elements

From: fantasai <fantasai@escape.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 17:14:25 -0500
To: www-html@w3.org

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>>I am unsure what you mean by a "node viewer application". Could you expand
>>on this?
>

> Think a combination of Mozilla's DOM inspector and Mozilla's Composer -- an
> application where you author a document in a WYSIWYG-ish fashion and have the
> options to either move content around by copy/paste in the preview, by cut and
> paste in the source code, or by cut and paste in the DOM tree (the first two of
> those three are commonly available options in WYSIWYG-ish HTML editors).

If I were doing that, I'd wouldn't want to drag around styles with the DOM
nodes. Imagine copying a node whose text is lime-green monospace (black
background being specified on the canvas, not the node) into a document
whose main font is black serif (on a white background). Wouldn't you want
the copied node to inherit black serif?

~fantasai