Re: Shorten <object> in XHTML 2.0?

From: (wrong string) šper <christoph.paeper@tu-clausthal.de>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 21:28:56 +0200
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Cc: "Jason M. Kikta" <kiktajm@muohio.edu>

Jason M. Kikta <kiktajm@muohio.edu>:

> The most important thing is to break backwards-
> compatibility with <object>. This is a smart move,

I don't think so. To break backwards compatibility if required, is okay for
XHTML2, but to break it just to break it, is just dumb.

> IE is so horribly broken in this respect,

IE, at least the Windows version, doesn't even try to support XHTML yet, let
alone XHTML2. So why change anything of the spec based on pure assumptions
of future bugs in future browser versions?