The HTML Element

From: Arthur Wiebe <webmaster@awiebe.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 20:54:44 -0400
To: www-html@w3.org

I propose that since XHTML is XHTML not HTML, that we change the <html>
element to something that would make more sense. I'm not saying that
parent element when it's not an HTML page but is an XHTML page.
Why not change it to something like <xhtml>? Or if someone can't stand
that extra letter then we could also change it to <root>?
This has been on my mind ever since a guy asked me why I was using the
<Arthur/>