Repeating footer across pages

From: Thomas, Jerry <VNDJeThomas@IKON.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 16:48:13 -0400
To: "'www-html@w3.org'" <www-html@w3.org>
Hi,

I have a web page that can be printed using the browser print action.
I want an image or some html content to be to be printed as the footer for
each page that is printed.
Is there a way to achieve this ?

I have tried converting the page into a table and putting the footer part in
<tfoot>. The header and footer for the table repeat across pages but in the
last page the footer section gets printed along with the table data and not
at the base of the page as is printed for the other pages.

Thanks,
   Jerry