Re: missing columns attribute in select element

Am Mittwoch, 16. Juli 2003 16.27 schrieben Sie:
> Hi Simon,
>
> Part of the problem could be that you spelled "width" wrong.  You can set
> the width as follows:
:-) luckily not in the real source.

[snip]
>       width: 150px;
Well, I know this works. But the problem is, that px doesn't scale with the
text size. If you have a look at the textarea element, you'll see that the
width attribute is used to specify the width relative to chars. From the
html401 spec of textarea:
	cols: This attribute specifies the visible width in average character widths.

Is there any way to do something similar with the select field?

> Hope this helps.
Not realy, but thanx anyway:-)