RE: Re: Clarification needed on ALT/TITLE tooltips

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 00:48:52 -0700 (PDT)
To: Brian Bober <netdemonz@yahoo.com>
Cc: "www-html@w3.org" <www-html@w3.org>

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Brian Bober wrote:

> I think the mosconception that is since browsers based on 3.2 did it, it was
> part of the specs. Obviously, that isn't the case, but it does raise a question
> about what we should do in quirks mode.

This is veering off-topic, but: Mozilla's quirks mode is only for features
that are necessary to prevent significant (top100) pages from being
seriously badly rendered. I have yet to see an important page where the
lack of tooltips is such a problem; all the pages that rely on them for
navigation are unusable anyway, since users won't know to look for
tooltips in the first place.