RE: Re: Clarification needed on ALT/TITLE tooltips

From: Brian Bober <netdemonz@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 14:25:56 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-html@w3.org

--- Brian V Bonini <b-bonini@cox.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 05:59, Asbjørn Ulsberg wrote:
> > > The other problem is that a lot of developers have an
> > > attitude, "Screw standards, if it works in IE that's
> > > all that matters."
> >
> > Yes, or even worse; most developers don't even know that
> > web standards exist, nor have they never heard of W3C.
> >

> No, it's far worse then that.. MOST *developers* (I use that loosely)
> have never even seen markup thanks to wysiwyg editors.

A friend of mine is writing HTML for a meteorologist company, and he refused to
even look at the w3c standards and instead wanted to see a guide that was
easier to understand. He's not a web developer, he's a meteoroligst student,
but he's doing an internship where they expect him to write code and HTML to
format its output. Luckily, they use Mozilla because they have all Unix servers
and workstations.