Re: script tag - archive attribute

From: Stephen Battey <Stephen.Battey@vega.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:29:00 -0000
To: "'www-html@w3.org'" <www-html@w3.org>

Thanks for the all the feedback regarding this.

I originally thought, based on articles found on the web, that the archive
attribute had previously been considered and, in some browsers, even
implemented. It seems clear from the responses that this is not the case and
the archive attribute is certainly not standard HTML.

Reading the replies, it appears there are other avenues to explore in place
of the archive attribute. I'll certainly be looking at the caching
configuration of my server and trying out server-side.
Thanks to all those who replied.
Steve