Re: modification of the <dfn> element

From: Devon Y. <vehementpetal@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:10:07 -0500
To: mpoe@cs.hmc.edu, www-html@w3.org

>------- mjumbe said:
>
>What might be better is to use the <dfn> element as if everything inside of
>the <dfn> and </dfn> tags were the definition of some term.  Then if a
><term> element were introduced, the two elements together would be able to
>be used to portray much more than the <dfn> element can alone.

If that were the case, the <term/> & it's associated <dfn/> could be
anywhere in a document, and connected via id & href attributes? I like that
idea.

You might like to read - http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/def.html#markup
...which delves into how definitions could be marked up better. I found it
very interesting. Not sure if it's really right for XHTML's direction (but
that's not my decision either), but I read it recently and am thinking of
doing something like it for my own personal XML use.

Devon