Re: Pages won't validate as XHTML because of Char Encoding

From: Simon Jessey <simon@jessey.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 20:34:45 -0500
To: <www-html@w3.org>
You can always make an XML declaration at the top of the document:

Simon Jessey

w: http://jessey.net/blog/
e: simon@jessey.net

  In order to make my pages valid XHTML 1.0, I am required to specify a character encoding. However, in order to be able to easily update this encoding in the future, I do not want to use the meta tags.

  Does anyone know a way to set this character encoding another way? I don't want to use meta tags, and htaccess doesn't seem to work PHP wise...