Re: My thoughts on XHTML 2

On 1/21/03 1:25 PM, "fantasai" <fantasai@escape.com> wrote:

> Kelvin Chung wrote:
>>
>> 7. I'm not sure on this, but is multiple instances of <title> permitted so
>> that you can have titles in different languages
>
> I believe that comment refers to the practice of duplicating
> the title's contents in an <h1> header.

No, I meant if it was possible to have more than one <title>, each
containing the same thing, just in a different language.

>> 6. The difference between <section> and <div> should be made more clear.  I
>> have a hard time determining the difference, and I fear that people may not
>> care about the difference, seeing that <div> elements currently do what
>> <section> would do anyways.
>
> I suggest
>  section { margin-left: 2em; }
> for UA's default rendering.
> (Of course, language direction would need to be taken into account.)

... And what would something like that do to distinguish the difference in
semantics (obviously, since there are different tags in the first place,
whoever made them thought there was some semantic difference)?