Re: XHTML 2.0 considered harmful

From: Philip TAYLOR [PC336/H-XP] <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:23:42 +0000
To: www-html@w3.org

fantasai wrote:

[snip]

> > Then use class="green" instead!
>
> Of course I can do that. But my *point* is that once
> "special" was used for the green paragraph, it could
> not be used for the pencil box description. It applies
> equally to using "green". If I use "green" for the
> green paragraph, I cannot use "green" for the pencil
> box description.
>
> ~fantasai

This really is a ridiculous display of naivety : the
creation of class names requires a reasonable degree
of inventiveness if they are to be inherently meaningful --
just because you can think of only "green" and "special"
as being appropriate says nothing about HTML (the topic
of the list) or even about CSS (which is actually what
is being discussed) but says a lot about your own
linguistic limitations ...

Philip Taylor, RHBNC