Re: XHTML 2.0 considered harmful

Ian Hickson wrote:

>I don't understand what you mean by this. The spec doesn't talk about
>carriage returns or line feeds. The only normative part of the spec
>you just quoted is "The l element contains a sub-paragraph that
>represents a sinle line of text".
>
>The informative part, indicating how to render it, merely says "It
>contains a piece of text that when visually represented should start
>on a new line, and have a line break at the end", which is perfectly
>well handled by 'display:block'.

???? Are we reading the same spec ?

Section 8 of XHTML2 WD says "this section is normative" [1].
and nothing in section 8.10 says its first paragraph is informative
[2].
The "normative" of section 8 applies to 8.10 too.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/mod-text.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/mod-text.html#sec_8.10.

</Daniel>