Re: XHTML 2.0 considered harmful

> > Daniel Glazman wrote:
> > > copy and paste preserving the style.
> >
> > Such logic would only make sense if you try use HTML as the back
> > end format of a full-featured word processor instead of a full-
> > featured markup editor.
>

> Not at all.
> Mozilla Composer and Outlook are not full-featured word processors but
> web content editors and, believe me, they want to copy and paste styles
> with the content.
>
> </Daniel>

And furthermore, what would be the point of a full-featured word-processor
that would only send a text dump (what the hell, an octal dump) to a
printer?  The reason "full-featured" word-processors
were developed to begin with is to style the individual character as an
"element" of the document.

Gannon J. Dick