From: Boris Zbarsky [mailto:bzbarsky@MIT.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 11:04 AM
To: Mikko Rantalainen
Cc: Daniel Glazman; www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: XHTML 2.0 considered harmful

> You cannot copy and paste *content with the styling information only* if
> the target medium is sematic one, like (X)HTML. Period.

While this may be what you would like to be the case, in the real world (of
wysiwyg HTML editors, which you probably think cannot exist either) this
situation is not necessarily acceptable.  You _do_ want to be able to copy a
paragraph out of an HTML e-mail and into a document you're writing and
(optionally) preserve the style.

Boris
--
Windows 95:
   (noun): 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for