Re: Promotion of XHTML

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 17:57:52 -0500
To: "Richard Norman" <normri@samc.com>
cc: www-html@w3.org

> So in a sense they are cleaning up the spec where the the root
> specification can not (since HTML and XHTML are based upon SGML, they
> can not remove these shortcuts from their root I believe)

Sure they can.  The HTML application of SGML could have just not enabled NET
SHORTTAG.  Some people have suggested that it be disabled in an erratum to HTML

Economists state their GNP growth projections to the
nearest tenth of a percentage point to prove they have a
sense of humor.
                             -- Edgar R. Fiedler