HTML or XHTML - why do you use it?

From: Devon Y. <vehementpetal@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 11:55:45 -0500
To: www-html@w3.org

Inspired by some of the comments in a recent thread (and several websites
debating it once in a while), I'm curious whether You use HTML or XHTML, and
why you choose either one over the other. Or do you use some other markup
language more often?

As for me, it's a simple no brainer in favor of XHTML. Partly because I feel
it's eventually going to replace the older HTML versions. But mostly because
I use XSLT often and that makes HTML files "unreliable" or useless to me. I
don't lose anything in keeping my doc's as XHTML, but I do gain all the XML
support while keeping the HTML one's. I just don't see any real benefits for
me in HTML anymore, besides needing it to display in IE.

Devon