Re: <hr /> and WD-xhtml2-20021218

From: Douglas Livingstone <lists@redmelon.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 00:14:51 +0100
To: <www-html@w3.org>

> <object type="special/hr">------------------</object>

That just feels messy to me:

<object type="special/hr">------------------</object>
 vs.
<hr />

On the other hand, what about the default rendering of <section />?

Looks to me like it would then equal: <section></section>, which I would in
turn expect to make a larger gap between the sections before and after, slap
in a style giving it a border for example, and you've replaced the
functionality of an <hr />. Personally though, I still like the <hr />
element, because it makes more sense when looking at the code than an
<object> would. (And more than a <section /> tag too.)

Regards,
Douglas