Re: Possible method for adding footnotes.

From: Toby A Inkster <tobyink@goddamn.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 17:49:20 +0000
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: "www-html@w3c.org" <www-html@w3c.org>, www-html@w3.org
On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 02:42:30PM +0000, Ian Hickson wrote:
| On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Toby A Inkster wrote:
| > A user agent supporting the <note /> element should replace it with a
| > number -- the first note on the page with a 1, etc... like with footnotes.
| That is significantly harder to author, generate, style, and maintain.

That's not true -- it can already be implemented with <span /> elements
and CSS, however it would be nicer if there was an element that would
allow this to be done semantically and would work for users without CSS
suport.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
E-mail:   tobyink@goddamn.co.uk

What I want to find out is -- do parrots know much about Astro-Turf?