Re: [XHTML2] Suggestion: generalize CAPTION element

From: Joris Huizer <joris_huizer@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 10:52:32 -0800 (PST)
To: (wrong string) äper" <christoph@paeper.de>, www-html@w3.org

--- Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@tu-clausthal.de>
wrote:

> They should at least take the title attribute into
> account. And people
> should correctly use it for now.
>
> > So I'm asking that XHTML not only generalizes the
> SRC attribute, but
> > also the CAPTION element:
>
> What about 'param'?

The title is limited to just plain text (the same
limitation the alt attribute gives)

From the param definition in XHTML2 :
"param elements specify a set of values that may be
required to process the object data by an object
handler at run-time"

Doesn't it mean params only give info to use for the
object - not info about the object ?

Thanks in advance,

Joris