XML Events

From: Sigurd Lerstad <sigler@bredband.no>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 20:01:28 +0100
To: <www-svg@w3.org>, <www-html@w3.org>

Hello,

In my SVG editor/viewer. I'm trying to add XML Events support (skipping
completely how events have been previously done :)
The New draft of SVG1.2 may have more on how this should work in SVG, but
until then I thought I'd check out how it's done in XHTML 2. And there's a
short section about it, but it doesn't say anything that's not already in
the XML Events spec. I think I understand the XML Events spec, but am having
trouble how to relate.

1.

<listener ev:handler="#somehandler"

how is a XHTML/SVG document supposed to deal with that, what if e.g

What should happen when listener gets an event, what should it do to the p
element?

2.

Is javascript allowed inside the ev:handler attribute?

3.

In this example from the XML Events spec:
<script type="application/x-javascript"
        ev:event="submit" ev:observer="form1">
   return docheck(event);
</script>

where is the event variable inside docheck coming from, is this a global
object fetched from the global 'window' object, or is an object named
'event' always passed in?

thank you,

--
Sigurd Lerstad