Re: [XHTML2] Inline list element proposal

From: Ernest Cline <ernestcline@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 07:54:51 -0500
To: "Jens Meiert" <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Cc: www-html@w3.org

Embedded inside that paragraph of my example is a list,
<ul>
<label>The Fellowship of The Ring</label>
<li>Frodo</li>
</ul>

Right now, if an author wishes to have available that information
in both paragraph and list form, he is required to duplicate the
information,

By choosing appropriate CSS, the author could choose to present
only the list if for example he provided an alternate stylesheet
that would only present a summary of the information.  Or a UA
could choose to make available a list of lists, named by their labels.