Re: more xhtml 2.0 comments

From: Daniel Glazman <glazman@netscape.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:53:41 +0200
To: www-html@w3.org

Christoph Päper wrote:

>>22. I am still completely opposed to the l element.
>>    The manipulation of this element in wysiwyg editors will
>>    be too hard in comparison with the existing <br> in HTML4.
>

> OTOH the manipulation via DOM and CSS is much easier. What's more important?

(a) the l element is purely presentational: it _is_ a line. It's not less
     presentational than <br/>.
(b) it is useful only when you have a list of adjacent lines. So it's basically
     a list (ul/ol) with list items (li) having no marker and no wrapping.
(c) using ul/ol/li instead of l makes it MUCH easier to number lines since you
     have a known container to reset the numbering.

</Daniel>