Re: PNGs, Masks, and Opacities/Transparencies

From: Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:46:38 +0900 (JST)
To: mmxg@telus.net
Cc: www-html@w3.org

"Megaman X Gold" <mmxg@telus.net> wrote:

> I've noticed that although PNGs are handled excellently by some of my great programs and even games that I have, IE barely handles them at all.  Is Microsoft being lazy with Internet Explorer?  Stubborn?  Or what?  I mean seriously, it's like Internet Explorer is the only program without correct compatibility.

I'm afraid this mailing list is for technical discussion on HTML/XHTML
specifications, and your question is off-topic here.  You might want to
have a look at:

    http://www.w3.org/Graphics/PNG/

which includes links to other PNG-related information, including
"Browsers with PNG Support" page at:

    http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/pngapbr.html

If you have further questions, you'd better ask on png-list.  See:

    http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/pngmisc.html#lists

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org