Re: Frames and Metadata

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 07:27:07 +0100 (BST)
To: www-html@w3.org

> The frameset document should only contain meta data subject to the
> frameset document, e.g. the <noframes> part of the document.

This is off topic, as well as being based on a bad policy decision
(frames, at least in their current form, have been discouraged since
first documented in the HTML 4 specification), however, meta data for
search engines needs to be on the frameset page if people want
hits on that page.  I believe, though, that search engines are tending to
reject meta elements because of keyword stuffing abuses, and current
implementations of frames aren't really consistent with a semantic web.