Re: XHTML2 MIME type

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 05:02:36 +0200
To: Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org>
Cc: www-html@w3.org

* Masayasu Ishikawa wrote:
>Jim Dabell <jim-www-html@jimdabell.com> wrote:
>
>> Will there be a new MIME type for XHTML2, or are people expecting to use
>> application/xhtml+xml?
>
>Current WG position is that we'd use 'application/xhtml+xml', with
>optional 'profile' parameter to indicate XHTML2, if necessary.

This reminds me to the success stories of the `level` and `version`
parameters of text/html... Does the HTML WG consider it likely that
User Agents with XHTML 2.0 support will send

  Accept: application/xhtml+xml;profile="http://www.example.org/xhtml2",

and that support for such parameters is good enough among common server
configuration and content negotiation facilities that authors will
actually be able to deliver XHTML 2.0 documents only to user agents with
explicte support for these documents?