Re: Object and New Insert Code Element

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 20:40:20 +0100 (BST)
To: www-html@w3.org

> object takes the file and treats it like a movie or media file. It
> doesn't just simply insert the code which would work a lot better.

In what way would it work better?

> Using SSI the file has to be on the same domain. That is my reason for
> passing it.

Cross domain inclusion tends to involve severe copyright problems.  Are
you the person who posted on a similar topic recently and clearly didn't
believe in the right of anyone to impose copyright restrictions?

Whether or not that is the case, it is fairly clear you have a non-standard
requirement.  You need to explain the underlying requirement, probably
justify why XHTML 2 should cater for that requirement, and then give
your proposed solution to the requirement that would benefit from a new
feature, and if not then obvious, why existing mechanism won't work.  If
you are proposing cross-domain inclusion, you also need to explain the
security model under which it will work.