Re: Object and New Insert Code Element

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:07:16 +0100 (BST)
To: www-html@w3.org

> <http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude>.

This one seems to have been sneaked in.  I'm sure that there has been more than
one repeat of this FAQ since the cutoff date for comments with no quote
of this URL before.

Especially given the complexity and the need to address similar issues, I
would have liked such a proposal to have made it a conformance requirement
that any user agent supporting the feature should also support external
entitities and include them unconditionally when encountering the
corresponding entity references; I can't see this on a quick skim.
Otherwise I can see the sponsors basically ignoring the the pre-existing
mechanism.