Re: XHTML2 MIME type

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 22:26:39 +0100 (BST)
To: www-html@w3.org

> application/xhtml+xml?  If there is not going to be an XHTML2-specific MIME
> type, how are servers supposed to distinguish between user-agents that can
> handle XHTML2 and those that cannot (for the purpose of content negotiation
> in particular)?

By using additonal parameters in the Accept specification, e.g. as given
in the examples in the HTTP RFC (or at least the one I have printed out).
They use level=n to apparently specify the version of HTML, although
only a framework syntax is defined, not the meaning of level.

I haven't checked the latest HTTP/1.1 RFC.