nr element

From: Matt Fletcher <msfy2k@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 14:15:46 +0100 (BST)
To: W3C List <www-html@w3.org>

I noticed the XHTML 2 proposal hints on a "nr"
tag to denote numerical data. Am I missing
something really dumb, or wouldn't it make more
sense to use "num" rather than "nr"? I certainly
wouldn't mind the extra keypress to give me a tag
that looks like it denotes a number.

I mean, think about it. If I gave you the
following two "fill-in-the-blanks", which would
you correctly guess?

1: num***
2: n****r

Anyway, let me know if this is a daft idea (I
have lots of them)

Cheers,

Matt

Yahoo! Plus