Re: Preload for <section>

From: Daniel Glazman <glazman@netscape.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:15:08 +0200
To: W3C CSS List <www-style@w3.org>
Cc: www-html@w3.org

On 9/26/2002 8:16 PM, Tantek Çelik shamelessly wrote

> About four years ago I proposed a mechanism for authors to control the
> presentation of elements while "loading":
>
>  http://www.w3.org/Style/Group/1998/09/progrend-19980930
>
> (W3C Member only link)
>
> Essentially it consisted of a new pseudo-element ":partial" which permitted
> the author to style how an element should be displayed while it was only
> partially available, e.g.:
>
>  section:partial { visibility:hidden }
> [snip]
> If there is now broader interest in having this capability, I would be happy
> to re-raise it in the CSS working group.

I have always found this proposal just the a perfect fit for the Web and
I clearly remember telling you that during a face-to-face meeting in
Redmond.

After all, you proposed it only once and there's that hidden rule saying
that three times is a minimum ;-)

</Daniel>